Graduate school is an exciting opportunity to expand career options, increase earning potential, and gain a deeper level of subject mastery. Despite the numerous benefits, students often feel torn between furthering their educations and falling into debt. Each year, the Dr. Melvin C. Terrell Educational Foundation provides financial assistance to graduate students, pursuing students affairs and higher education studies, who qualify academically but who may not otherwise be able to complete studies due to financial hardship.
Dr. Melvin C. Terrell Educational Foundation Scholarship
PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE APPLICATION TO:
Before this application can be considered, the applicant shall provide to the chairperson of the Scholarship Committee a completed application packet which includes:
- A completed application;
- An official transcript, indicating a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 with no fewer than 6 credits completed;
- A 500-word essay on how you are committed to transforming lives through diversity and/or research, and/ or scholarship;
- A cover letter addressing how the scholarship money will help further your academic endeavors (i.e. why are you applying for funds);
- A current resume or curriculum vitae; and
- Two letters of recommendation - one letter from a faculty member in your academic area and one letter from a full time professional (i.e. supervisor, community leader, higher education administrator etc.)
Please note that all applicants must be a currently matriculating graduate student, master’s or doctoral, with award preference toward those applicants who are at the dissertation proposal/data collection phase of their studies. This is a one-time award of $1,000.00, presented by December 30, 2019, that will be given directly to the student to further the awardees academic pursuits. A complete application (as defined above) MUST be received no later than SEPTEMBER 16, 2019 11:59 P.M. EST in order to be considered.